How each of the 4 temperaments deals with stress?
Sanguine eats. Choleric works. Melancholic talks. Phlegmatic sleeps.
Comedy Humor – Sanguine
Action Adventure – Choleric
Drama Romantic – Melancholic
Documentary – Phlegmatic
How is your life story using the 2 building blocks like introverted melody vs extroverted rhythm?
R4E130213 – Avatar (Movie Review) by Douglas Jacoby 11:40
You can download the full audiobook recording on qobuz or amazon or itunes.
- Avatar is a term from Hindu theology, though it is also common in computer and virtual reality applications. Click here for the origins of the word.
- “Jake” visits Pandora through an avatar, a 10-foot tall blue-skinned alien, though in fact it is Jake and his American friends who are the real aliens! The plot centers around the exploitation of a pristine planet by Americans, and how their efforts are ultimately thwarted, but only after they have brought tremendous destruction.
What was cool
- Extremely visual, colorful. Special effects excellent.
- Just as the main character, Jake, enters the world of Pandora, so we feel like we are entering that world.
- Emphasis on ecology.
- Depiction of the connectedness of all life.
- Brutal exposé of the US military-economic machine.
- Navi (like Hebrew and Arabic words for prophet)
- Eywa (the deity) sounds like the Hebrew word for Eve, or living.
- The planet named Pandora patently portends problems for those who ignore etymology.
- Parallels between Joshua/Rahab and Jake/Neytiri. Click here for more.
- Jake as incarnation – develops empathy. Effort to understand others.
What was off
- Mother earth (Gaia). Worship creation in place of creator — Romans 1. The Bible teaches that idolatry puts us on a slippery slide, morally.
- Creator is a she. While occasionally in the Bible feminine imagery is used of God, usually it is masculine. Not that God is masculine; he is beyond gender. Making the earth female is actually a form of sexism.
- Romanticization, of indigenous peoples, e.g. in Amazonia.
- As far as imperialists, colonizers: one corrupt civilization supplanting another. (Not to justify how the Europeans laid claim to the Americas, enslaving, killing, robbing those who had already been here for 10-15k years.)
- Natives are more advanced than their would-be conquerors? Hmmm….
- Not in terms of technology.
- But they were, insofar as they were more moral than the their exploiters.
- Jake and Neytiri do not marry; they mate.
- Woolly-minded thinking of the New Age movement. To illustrate:
- Gnosticism is an ancient religion that is now popular, through the intrusion of eastern religion in the west.
- Its prophets include Tolle and Byrne. (Click to see my comments on their bestselling books.)
- For more on this movement, click here.
- This film makes us think about missions, emphasizing the importance ot awareness, making the effort to under to understand and connect with other.
- It does a masterful job promoting ecological awareness.
- Finally, it serves as a poignant warning against materialism, which offers an elusive dream. Achieving true happiness and meaning through wealth is “unobtainable”!
Can you see your life like a movie?
How can you make your real life be the best movie for you?
You had situations in which you felt felt fear and avoided to do what you knew it would be good? How do you feel now about this failure?
How can you avoid loosing opportunities when fear will come out again? Will you do what you know it is good no matter what you will feel in that moment?
You will replace fear with f-acts? Will you discover your fears upfront to accept them? You will be prepared to act full of courage?
You can download this movie from archive. Will you invite your friends to subscribe by email directly on relate4ever?